To San Antonio Open Players:
Thanks for entering the 2021 San Antonio Open Golf Championship.
COVID RELATED CONSIDERATIONS
The hopefully last remnant of COVID restrictions is that the city of SA mandates that masks be worn in the clubhouse. Please be mindful/thoughtful of the Cedar Creek/tournament staff and other players in the clubhouse. Don’t forget to bring a mask. If you forget, there are masks just inside the door to the pro shop.
Golf carts: Due to limited availability of golf carts, only 2 golf carts per group will be necessary so everyone who wants to ride will be able to. Please inform the person with whom you will be sharing a cart your status regarding current COVID symptoms, exposure within the past week, or vaccination. Please let us know of any issues and we’ll do our best to come up with a solution.
INFORMATION FOR ALL PLAYERS
Welcome to the 32nd San Antonio Open Golf Championship. We have a field of 108 players (29 professionals, 7 senior professionals, 50 amateurs, 12 senior amateurs, and 10 super senior amateurs).
Friday, November 19 –
Please call the pro shop (210-695-5050) to reserve a time if you intend to play a practice round on Friday. Inform the pro shop you are playing in the SA Open so you can be paired with other tournament players. Cedar Creek has agreed to a reduced green fee of $35 with cart for all SA Open players.
Saturday, November 20 –
- Check in at to the Registration desk in the lobby of the clubhouse when you first arrive to receive any last minute instructions. This helps us make sure everyone reaches their tee on time.
- THE 1ST AND 10TH TEES HAVE BEEN REVERSED SINCE LAST YEAR. Starters will be at the #1 tee (top of hill near clubhouse) and the #10 tee (bottom of hill near driving range) with the official clocks, scorecards, hole location sheets, and Notice to Competitors.
- Make certain to arrive at the proper tee at the proper time at least 5 minutes early. Rule 5.3a will be in effect as follows:
- Arrival On time – no penalty
- Arrival within 5 minutes of starting time – 2 stroke penalty
- Arrival after 5 minutes of starting time – disqualification
- For those players who are playing from “one tee back” to be able to compete for combined purses, remember to inform their starter which tee they will play from. ALSO, indicate the tee you are playing from on you scorecard before it is returned to the Committee.
- Synchronized clocks will be placed at the driving range and the putting green for your convenience. One of the referees will be at the driving range to assist the players.
- Rules referees will be distributed around the course to help with rulings and pace of play. Their golf carts can be identified by a small orange flag and a RULES sign.
- The practice range will open at first available light. Range balls are included in your entry fee.
- Only 2 carts are allowed for each pairing. Please pay your portion of the cart fee in the pro shop before going to the practice range if you intend to ride.
- Range finders may be used during stipulated rounds to determine distance. The slope feature MUST be disengaged.
Sunday, November 221 –
Starting times and pairings for Sunday will be posted on the website www.trsoa.org (under Pro/Am Golf Tournament), and emailed Saturday evening as soon as the Sunday pairings have been determined, usually by 7 PM. The pro shop will also have this information (210) 695-5050.
Clubhouse Snack Bar –
The snack bar at Cedar Creek GC is now CLOSED. Sandwiches, drinks, and other snacks are available in the pro shop.