To San Antonio Open Players,
Thank you for entering the 2020 San Antonio Open Golf Championship.
COVID RELATED CONSIDERATIONS:
The COVID pandemic has affected just about everything and the SA Open is no different. The Texas Golf Association, USGA, and Alamo City Golf Trail have prepared recommendations for COVID issues and we will be using those that apply. Overall, please be mindful and thoughtful of the other players, Cedar Creek GC staff, and the tournament administrators (referees and TRSA staff).
Here are a few of these items.
- Masks must be worn in the clubhouse.
- Maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet.
Here are other items for this year’s tournament.
- SCORING will be accomplished using the Golf Genius software to collect scores. Each player’s hole by hole scores will be entered into the software during the rounds. The scores will be directly downloaded into the central database. At the scoring tent, which will be located on the cart path to the clubhouse, Rules situations will be handled, scores will be verified and accepted. We will also require the players to complete and submit a paper copy of the hole by hole scores.
- Travis Salkowski and one other person will be managing the scoring. They will be at the Registration desk in the clubhouse to assist players with setting up and using the software. Also, there will be a Golf Genius saavy person at each starting tee.
- Specific rules for the FLAGSTICK will be used. Foam inserts will be installed at the base of each flagstick to minimize damage to the edge of the holes for those who do not remove the flagstick. The ball must be at rest within the circumstance of the hole for the ball to be holed. Players will be allowed to remove the flagstick at their discretion and will be asked to do so with appropriate caution regarding the virus. Players will be asked to bring hand sanitizer, which will also be available at registration.
- Golf carts: Due to limited availability of golf carts, players who decide to ride may be required to have 2 players in a single cart. Masks will be strongly recommended when riding together in a cart.
INFORMATION FOR ALL PLAYERS
Welcome to the 31st San Antonio Open Golf Championship. We have a field of 91 players (29 professionals, 4 senior professionals, 40 amateurs, 11 senior amateurs, and 7 super senior amateurs.
Friday, November 20 –
Please call the pro shop (210-695-5050) to reserve a time if you intend to play a practice round on Friday. Inform the pro shop you are playing in the SA Open so you can be paired with other tournament players. Cedar Creek has agreed to a reduced green fee of $35 with cart for all SA Open players.
Saturday, November 21 –
- Report to the Registration desk in the lobby of the clubhouse when you first arrive to check in and receive any last minute instructions. Assistance with the Golf Genius Scoring software will be available there, at the first tees, and at the scoring tent.
- Make certain to arrive at the proper tee at the proper time at least 5 minutes early. Rule 5.3 will be in effect as follows:
- Arrival On time – no penalty
- Arrival within 5 minutes of starting time – 2 stroke penalty
- Arrival after 5 minutes of starting time – disqualification
- Starters will be at the #1 tee (bottom of hill near driving range) and the #10 tee (top of hill near clubhouse) with the official clocks, scorecards, hole location sheets, and Notice to Competitors.
- Synchronized clocks will be placed at the driving range and the putting green for your convenience. One of the referees will be at the driving range to assist the players.
- Rules referees will be distributed around the course to help with rulings and pace of play. Their golf carts can be identified by a small orange flag and a RULES sign.
- The practice range will open at first available light. Range balls are included in your entry fee.
- Only 2 carts are allowed for each pairing. Please pay your portion of the cart fee in the pro shop before going to the practice range if you intend to ride.
- Range finders may be used during stipulated rounds to determine distance. The slope feature MUST be disengaged.
- Please use cell phones during the round only for entering scores or in case of an emergency.
Sunday, November 22 –
Starting times and pairings for Sunday will be posted on the website www.trsoa.org (under Pro/Am Golf Tournament), on the Golf Genius software app, and emailed Saturday evening as soon as the Sunday pairings have been determined, usually by 7 PM. The pro shop will also have this information (210) 695-5050.
Clubhouse Snack Bar –
The snack bar at Cedar Creek GC is now CLOSED. Sandwiches, drinks, and other snacks are available in the pro shop.